Keeping our shelter doors open takes a lot of time, energy and money. Monetary donations help us continue to fulfill our mission to help animals in need.
SCHS Current Wish List Items:
• Carefesh Timothy hay
• Carefresh litter
• Fronline Plus for dogs 89-132#s
• Fronline flea & tick spray
• Tennis Balls
• Non-clumping cat litter
• Adult & Kitten dry cat food (Science Diet, Purina One, Purina Cat Chow, Iams, Nutro, Eukanuba, Pure Balance & Rachel Rae preferred)
• Kuranda Cat & dog beds
• Feral cat dens
• Green scrub pads
• Copy paper, card stock, post-it notes & colored paper
• Paper toweling
• Toilet paper
• Office Max white three ring binders with outer sleeve insert (view binders) sizes ranging from 1 to 4 inch
• White Removable File Folder Labels #8066 & 5160
• Canned Air for computers
• Manila file folders
• Staples, binder clips. masking tape refills & rubber bands
• Double pocket folders - plain colors, page protectors & laminating sheets
• Envelope Moistener with Adhesive
• Laundry detergent
• Dryer sheets
• Bathroom cleaning supplies
• Hand sanitizer
In-kind donations of SCHS's current material needs are a great way to help our shelter. We've all seen the ads on TV, asking us to help homeless and mistreated animals with a donation to well- known national organizations. But did you know that, according to a recent study, less than one percent of donations to some national humane organizations benefit local pet shelters? NONE of them benefit SCHS!! We shelter about 800 dogs, 1600 cats and 100 critters every year, and we cannot do it without your generous support.
Here at SCHS:
• $25.00 -- Feeds a shelter pet for one month.
• $50.00 - Buys seven bags of cat litter.
• $100.00 - Covers pre-adoption medical care and vaccines.
• $275.00 - Fully supports an animal while in our care.
ANY AMOUNT, large or small -- Directly supports the comfort and care of the homeless animals of Sheboygan County until their new "forever homes" can be found.
There are many ways you can help out SCHS, YOUR local animal shelter: cash donations, memorials, planned giving, in-kind giving through our Shelter Wish List, special events fundraisers, ongoing fundraisers, Friends of SCHS, and more.
We are always looking for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers, too! All of the wonderful photos on our website, for instance, are of SCHS shelter pets, courtesy of the generous donation of time and talent by photographer Breanna Rae. Check out her facebook page here.
Save and donate your aluminum cans. Recycle and help animals at the same time. It's a win, win!
Donate a feral cat den to SCHS! The den provides a safe and user friendly way to transport shelter cats, new and scared or fractious cats without having to disturb them. This ensures proper transportation within the facility. Order and ship directly to SCHS!