Marbles has striking features and you can get lost in those majestic eyes! Marbles is an independent guy and needs to be the only cat in the household, he is the king. Marbles is also FIV positive, which doesn’t slow him down.
- What is it?
- FIV stands for Feline Immunodeficiency
Virus and is similar to HIV in humans
- Much like HIV, cats can live many healthy
years before progressing to AIDS
How is it transmitted?
- FIV is transmitted through deep bites, such as with intense fighting
- It cannot be transmitted through sharing bowls, litter boxes, or by grooming each other
- Can I get it? What about my other cat?
- FIV only affects cats – humans, dogs, and other animals are immune
- FIV+ and FIV- cats CAN co-exist! A recent study at Purdue showed that, barring severe fighting, it is highly unlikely your other cat will acquire the virus
Come visit him today and learn more about him!