Thank you for your interest in visiting SCHS to volunteer. We appreciate your consideration and could not do the life saving work we do without the help of our volunteers. Your group will be an important part in providing some much needed muscle for our projects. We enlist groups to help with grounds and maintenance tasks, and various other activities such as:
- Spreading mulch
- Organizing storage/food
Although group projects don’t include hands-on contact with the animals, they are crucial to helping the Shelter care for animals in need.
Project Volunteer Guidelines
- There is a minimum 2 hours time commitment for most projects.
- Most work is done outside. Please come prepared in layers of weather-approriate clothing and plan to get dirty
- For safety, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Minors must be at least 8 years old and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (Please give advance notice if there will be anyone under 18 coming to help.)
- Please submit your project request at least 2 weeks in advance. Keep in mind that this does not guarantee that there will be a project available on the date you are requesting.
Your day of service will end with a tour of the facility so you can see what your hard work was all about.
Schedule Your Volunteer Project
To begin planning for your group or individual volunteer project, complete and submit the form below. Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to arrange the details of your service project.