- Greeters/Office Help
- Cat Cuddlers
- Dog Exercisers
- Mod Squad
- PetSmart Volunteer
- Community Outreach
- General Shelter Work
- Board Of Directors
- Lawn Care
Our lead dog volunteer trains volunteers to understand the importance and discipline in their volunteer role. Volunteers will work with experienced dog walkers to learn proper handling and walking techniques. New volunteers must have 10 logged hours with trained volunteers before working individually with the dogs. Trained volunteers can also take adoptable dogs to special events.
Saving Lives through a volunteer based behavior program.
The Mod Squad Program is a volunteer-driven dog behavior modification and training program. Mod Squad volunteers work directly with shelter dogs in need of behavior intervention.
Work one-on-one with the dogs to:
- Correct behavior issues
- Relieve stress
- Build positive bonds with people
- Enrich the lives of shelter dogs through Telling TTouch and obedience training
- Help them succeed in life
- Allow reprieve from stressful situations
- Reset the mind to allow learning and positive reaction
What You Need:
- Must be an active dog walker for 3 months to join.
- 2 hours minimum for each week!
- 2 years of commitment to the program!
- Open Mind
- There will be a lot of trial and error!
- Things will change!
- Adjustments are sometimes necessary!
- Love of dogs
- You will work with many!
- Some dogs will be easier than others!
- Your skills will take time to learn and there will always be more to learn!
- The dogs are stressed and sometimes take time to learn or respond to work!
- Understanding and Acceptance
- Not every dog will succeed in the program even though we do all we can
- Some dogs will be transferred out or sent to rescue, this is the best option for them
- You will bond with these dogs and become attached, so will their family when we say farewell
Volunteers are strongly encouraged to apply. Potential applicants must be an active dog walker for 3 months to be considered for the program. Some experience with dog training is a plus but is not required. Members must be at least 18 years of age and have their own transportation.
For questions, applications or
more information at:
Subject: Mod Squad
Help animals get adopted on the go! Bring adoptable animals to PetSmart adoption events, fundraisers, assisted living facilities & various businesses. Special events & fundraisers are hosted by SCHS staff, volunteers, businesses and community groups throughout the year. These events help raise money and awareness about the vital work we do. This is a good opportunity for those who want to volunteer on a limited basis. Would you like to help and learn about different opportunities?