Full-Time Shelter Veterinarian
Sheboygan County Humane Society (SCHS) is seeking an experienced full-time Veterinarian. SCHS is an open admission shelter with an 89% save rate that takes in 2,500 animals annually. SCHS is looking for a motivated individual that is committed to the welfare of our animals and growth of the organization. Must be competent in safe, high volume spay/neuter surgeries. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through written and oral direction to staff to work toward common goals. Exercise tact, diplomacy and independent judgement with the public, staff and volunteers. Must be able to diagnose needs and recommend effective treatments and protocols. Ability to create program objectives and carry out program initiatives. This is a salaried position with an immediate opening. Schedule is Monday-Friday with one Saturday per month.
Generate, implement and evaluate animal health initiatives to include:
- Effective vaccination protocols
- Treatment protocols for sick and recovering animals
- Disease control and illness isolation measures
- Safe, high volume spay/neuter procedures
- Humane and informed euthanasia decisions and practices
- Coordinate with organization veterinary peers to ensure excellent level of vet care at SCHS
Education, Experience and Training:
- Doctorate in veterinary medicine required from an accredited Veterinary School
- Licensed in the state of Wisconsin
- Must have DEA distribution license and Feral Accreditation
- Must live within a 30 mile radius of SCHS within 3 months of employment
- Possession of a current valid Wisconsin driver's license required
- Work experience in developing, managing and motivating a team
- Demonstrated expertise in shelter operations, disease control and animal behavior
- Prior work experience in an animal shelter or non-profit environment preferred
- Minimum 5 years shelter experience preferred
Please submit resume and cover letter to Leah Helms @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Assisted Living Facility Visits: Do you like to socialize with people and love animals? Assisted living facility visits may be right for you! SCHS is building a program to visit local assisted living facilities to bring the joy animals to the residents. Some of those residents have the luxury of adopting too! Volunteer commitment of 2-4 hours per month.
PetSmart Grafton: Needed for Thursday Afternoon's and Saturday Afternoons. SCHS has adoptable cats at Grafton PetSmart and we need your help cleaning and maintaining a healthy environment. This is a great time to socialize and take care of the cats. Volunteers must be 18 years old to volunteer solo and 14 years old with a parent or guardian.
Cat Cage Cleaning: Help SCHS staff with daily upkeep by cleaning cat cages and provide fresh food and water our adoptable cats & kittens! SCHS is looking for volunteers to dedicate 1-2 days per week and 2-4 hour shifts from 8am-12pm Monday thru Saturday. Volunteers must be 16 years of age to volunteer.