Pet Euthanasia and Cremation Services
Lay your pet to rest with love.
Sheboygan County Humane Society understands there comes a time for owners to make the difficult decision for euthanasia. With sympathy, we are here to assist you during this heartfelt time. During the procedure your pet will ‘sleep’ away peacefully without feeling any pain during their last moments.
SCHS recognizes that this is a hard and difficult time for you and your family. If there is anything we can do to help and support you during this process, please let us know.
Here are some signs that may indicate your pet is suffering or no longer enjoying a good quality of life–consult your veterinarian regarding reasons for euthanasia:
• They are experiencing chronic pain that cannot be controlled with medication (your veterinarian can help you determine if your pet is in pain).
• They have frequent vomiting or diarrhea that is causing dehydration and/or significant weight loss causing medical distress.
• They have stopped eating or will only eat if you force feed them. (Your veterinarian can help determine loss of appetite).
• They are incontinent to the degree that he frequently soils themselves.
• They have lost interest in all or most of their favorite activities, such as going for walks, playing with toys or other pets, eating treats or soliciting attention and petting from family members.
• They cannot stand on their own or falls down when trying to walk.
• They have chronic labored breathing or coughing - consult veterinarian. (http://www.americanhumane.org)
Owner requested Euthanasia: $50.00 (does not include cremation).
Owner cannot be present during the euthanasia process.
Cremation Service: Once your pet has passed, you have the option to have them cremated. This service can be done here at SCHS.
SCHS offers two different types of cremation:
• Mass Cremation: This type of cremation is done with several animals or in a group. The ashes are not returned to owner, but are disposed of by the crematory itself in a memorial area.
• Private Cremation: This is done individually, one pet at a time. The ashes will be returned to the owner in a sealed bag. The owner may dispose of them at any special location or keep them in their home.
Veterinarians that support our cremation services:
Cremation Fees (plus tax)
|Weight||Private||Mass 0-30 lbs||$65.00||$35.00 31-60 lbs||$75.00||$40.00 61-90 lbs||$85.00||$45.00 91-140 lbs||$110.00||$50.00 141 + lbs||$140.00||$60.00|
As a pet owner, you may choose the service you would like to receive. Please refer to price sheet to see the different options of payment.
What we have once enjoyed,
we can never lose;
All that we love deeply;
Becomes a part of us.
From our family here at SCHS to you and your family: our condolences.